Saturday, April 2, 2016

4/2

Back Again.

I've been trying to post these past few days but It has been nigh impossible as my internet at home has been down, which is my primary workspace. It's back up now, and thank God for that as I have so much I want to get done.

Sophia and Stef are out at a kit building workshop down the street, and will go for a weekend (or 2) after easter Easter Egg hunt in the rain. I applaud their tenacity. I'm going to be slogging along on this new muse I've discovered. I'm excited to build this course, and test the marketing and such. However I am slightly apprehensive. I'm concerned that It won't work. And I suppose that means that I need to remember what Tim wrote in his updated version of the Four Hour Work Week: Don't worry about what people think about you, unless they're people you want to emulate.

I want to emulate people like Tim, and other New Rich. That means I want to test my assumptions, and make sure that this will work before expending tons of effort on it. I have had a bad, BAD cae of w4w (Work for Work's sake) for like...the past year, and It's time to annihilate that assumption, and remember that all I'm trying to do is create a system that most efffectively puts money in my bank account. This business is NOT meant to be an ego booster, a dinner party conversation piece, or anything else of that matter. It's meant to generate cash for me and my family, and let us do what the fuck we want. That's it.

So now that I've spelt that out, I immediately feel better. I have reminded myself what I'm doing, at its core. I had really forgotten. In light of this being my only vocaiton for a year, and struggling with some serious anxiety, I had a serious issue with working effectiefly. My clients suffered, my family suffered, and I suffered. It wasn't the best. However I realize now that I was working in the wrong direction, trying to do something that would be "acceptable" at dinner conversations and such to state that I was working on (I'm a web consultant!) instead of the much better (I build cars for myself and money just comes to me, so fuck you) answer.

I'm looking forward to building this squeeze page today, SEOing the site toward these new keyword groups, and also doing a quick precursory edit on my SEO book as my leadin for email signups. I believe that I can be on the front page of Google for my keyword group in probably a few weeks to a month. I'm going to start writing content tomorrow for this purpose, and also SEOing and guest blogging all that I can.

I"m kind of pissed at Lance Tamashiro. Lol. He had me record a Podcast with him, and He has not made it live and its been the better part of 2 months now. I was really looking forward to getting that cross reference to my site to help build traffic, but It doesn't seem like its going to happen. I'm going to totally forget about it though. In the grand scheme of things, he is very, very small potatoes. I'm actively looking for other places to get my name out however, as I want to build my backlinks as much as humanly possible. For that reason, I think a new part of my daily practice needs to include a "10 blog post ideas" a day list that I write in my little notebooks. I need to have more ideas for content.

This weekend, I will do the above, then I will Record 2 learning videos tomorrow for the start of the course. My goal is to have the course be 30 days. This serves two purposes:

1. It will give the follow alongers lots of time to learn about SEO, and will set a reasonable pace for someone who knows nothing to build this infrastructure as they go along.
2. With a course of this length, the sale of supplementary or addon material will be a real option, and will also open the possibility for a dialogue with either me or my customer service team.

3. ( bonus lul) this will also open up the possibility for long term consulting or mentoring (fee based) If I want to generate capital hourly as well as passively in the future.


In all, I know what I need to do and I will now get to work. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment